Thursday, August 6, 2009

Peach Raspberry Jam...Delightful!

Last week I made peach raspberry jam. It is soooo delicious. I had never had it before moving to Utah, but it is all the rage in our neighborhood. Since I have 2 peach trees in my yard and I am not going to school this year, I decided this was the year to try it. My larger peach tree has cling peaches and I did not thin the peaches as I ought to have. So I got a bumper crop of small peaches- perfect for making jam!
This is such an easy recipe. No pectin, just Jello- how easy is that. Frozen raspberries, and lots of sugar. Ok a little more info... 5 cups mashed peaches, 5 cups sugar, 12 oz. frozen berries, and 3 small boxes of raspberry jello. That's it!

For easier peeling boiling the peaches for a bit then dunking in ice water helps alot. Though these peaches were still difficult. Good thing I really wanted this jam.
You put all the ingredients, except the jello into the pot. Aren't the colors pretty?
And boil for 20 minutes.
Remove from heat and add the 3 small boxes of jello... stir to dissolve.Pour into clean jars and bottle process. 20 minutes for half-pints and 25 for pints.Voila! Deliciousness in a jar!

4 comments:

Claudia said...

ooh, i love home-made jam! thanks for the recipe. i loved looking through all your pics. isn't family the greatest?!

Verlee said...

mmm. I am so jealous of your peach trees! now you should plant raspberries and then you can use fresh next year instead of frozen! ;)...that would be a perfect garden. peaches and raspberries! thanks for the recipe. sounds wonderful. I wonder what would happen if I used less sugar????? do you know?

Melissa said...

sounds delicious!!!

Jaimee said...

Did you make enough to give a jar or 2 to your favorite brother?